COLUMBUS, OH – August 19, 2009 – (RealEstateRama) — The Ohio Housing Finance Agency (OHFA) Board today awarded close to $1 million in funding to 20 Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) through the Competitive Operating Grant Program. Funding can be utilized to cover the housing development activity costs associated with the creation of affordable housing, such as employee salaries. Normal operating costs such as travel costs, staff training, equipment and other supplies may also be covered by the grant. CHDOs are private nonprofit, community-based service organizations that develop affordable housing for the community in which it is located.
The recipient organizations who are receiving a combined total of $900,000 are:
- Cincinnati Housing Partnership
- Clinton County Community Action Partnership
- Common Wealth
- Community Action Commission of Fayette County
- Detroit Shoreway
- Famicos Foundation
- Franklinton Development Association
- Frontier Community Services
- Gallia-Meigs Community Action Agency
- Homes of the Hill
- Ironton-Lawrence County Community Action Organization
- Kno-Ho-Co Ashland Community Action Commission
- LaGrange Development Corporation
- Lancaster-Fairfield Community Action Agency
- Logan Belle Hand
- Miami Valley Housing Opportunities
- Over-the-Rhine Community Housing
- Preferred Properties, Inc.
- Three Rivers Housing Corporation
An additional $100,000 of Competitive Operating Grant Program funds was set aside to be allocated through Housing Development Gap Financing (HDGF). Any remaining monetary awards not issued under the HDGF program will be equally disbursed to each of these 20 CHDOs.
OHFA utilizes federal and state resources to provide housing opportunities for families and individuals through programs designed to create, preserve, and manage affordable housing throughout the State of Ohio. The Agency is a self-supporting quasi-public agency governed by an eleven-member board, nine of whom are appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate. Two additional seats on the board, by statute, are reserved for the Director of Development and the Director of Commerce, or their designees, and both serve as ex officio voting members.
Media Contact: Erin Biehl, ebiehl (at) ohiohome (dot) org